I love great bumper stickers. I love to drive up behind a car and see what saying someone thought important or funny enough to stick on the back of their car. Don’t you find yourself wondering about the person driving that car? I do. I find I’m curious about their interests, their philosophies, prejudices? Mind you, I don’t put bumper stickers on my cute little periwinkle blue, two-seater, Chrysler Crossfire. But if I had an old clunker, there are some “keepers” that I’d be tempted to plaster there. This is one of them:
So, here’s my take on Karma and Dogma:
- Often called the Law of Cause and Effect, Karma is the vibration that we emit habitually through our thoughts and beliefs
- Our habitual vibration acts as a magnet to attract to us experiences that match our beliefs and thoughts
- While karma is often thought to be the effect of actions taken (cause), those less-than-optimal actions result from beliefs (fears mostly) that would show up as “bad” karma
- Good karma also shows up as an outpicturing of thoughts and beliefs. Love, kindness, positive energy
- Karma is not some reward or punishment for past deeds. It is simply the reflection of a vibration which can be changed at any time.
- Dogma is typically a set of beliefs imposed by others and accepted without question.
- Dogmatic adherence to beliefs can definitely manifest as cause and effect – aka Karma
So, to become more conscious and to rise above any pattern of Karma here are a few suggestions:
- Question your beliefs. Look at where they came from and decide whether they still serve you.
- Disrespect reality! It is just the outpicturing of your beliefs up to now.
- Choose your thoughts and beliefs wisely.
- Learn from your mistakes and in the process be gentle with yourself.
- Stop telling yourself scary stories from the past. The story keeps you stuck in the belief in “reality” and your beliefs about yourself.
Yes, while I do think there is a basic law whether you call it Cause and Effect or the Law of Attraction, it is simply a reflection of your beliefs, thoughts and vibration. And know this: you can change your vibration and therefore your karma in a single moment…
©CathyUlrich and LargeSelf, 2012