I’ve been racking up a few blog awards recently and it’s time to acknowledge them, share a little bloggy love and pay it forward. I’m always touched when someone recognizes my blog and thinks enough of it to send me some attention. It’s one of the many reasons I love the community here on WordPress. Also, there was a period a few months back when life took over, so if you’ve given me an award and I missed it here, please forgive me.
I have turned into a bit of a rebel, so when it comes to blog awards, I really don’t follow the “rules.” After all, the point of these, I think, is to spread the love and learn about new blogs along the way, without creating a sense of obligation. So here’s what I like to do: recognize those who have nominated me, share a few unknown facts about myself and then nominate a few others who can accept some, all, or none of the awards that I’ve mentioned here.
The Liebster Award:
Lexa at modeljourney.com and Daan at ifkknrokk.com both nominated me for this award. Lexa is a fashion model and writes of her adventures in that world. Daan is a social networking expert and talks of his life in The Netherlands in his blog. Thanks to both of you for including me in your illustrious list of nominees!
The Reality and Shine On Awards:
My dear friend Crystal at crystalnuding.com sent these two awards my way. Crystal’s uplifting blog offers advice and insight to a life of enlightenment and happiness. Thank you, Crystal!
The 2012 Blog of the Year Award:
Mimi at WaitingfortheKarmaTruck.com nominated me for this award. Mimi’s blog is filled with love, wisdom, humor and an occasional music video. She sparks lots of wonderful commentary as well. Thank you, Mimi!
I encourage you to check out each of these great sites. And enjoy!
So to share a few unknown things about me (or things you might not know anyway):
- I am a foodie, gourmet cook and love great food.
- I hold a degree in Industrial Design and love color, design and graphics
- My favorite music is jazz, but I also love classical music and rock music
- I’m an avid reader and my favorite genre is historical fiction.
- I’m a shoe collector. Zappos is my best and worst habit.
- I love to ski, but also enjoy snowshoeing and I’m hoping we get snow soon!
- I would never jump out of a perfectly good airplane to skydive, but I feel very comfortable scuba diving 100 feet below the surface of the water.
Here are my nominees for any or all of the above awards. Take them and share or not:
There are so many others that I could include but I do encourage you to check these out. Now that I’ve been blogging for awhile, my “following” list has gotten longer and longer…